Hi Mark Mosher here. I’ve been a hardcore Elektron user since 2013 so I was excited that Elektron finally released Overridge.
Overbridge is a free of charge software suite offering powerful tools and deep control when connecting compatible Elektron instruments to computers.Elektron
I’ve put some time in with it so in this event I will present an overview of the newly released Elektron Overbridge 2.0. I will also do a performance using Elektron machines.
In his presentation I’ll cover:
- Using your Elektron machine as an audio interface
- Using the visual editors
- Machine organization (presets, kits…)
- Audio recording from stand-alone app
- Getting started with DAW intergration including multi-channel audio streaming, using the hardware as an effect for Live devices, and automation
- And more…
Note that Overbridge Stand Alone is super handy even if you don’t want to more advanced DAW integrations.
Also, Even if you don’t own an Elektron machine I hope you’ll join in to see how Elektron’s approach offer deep integration to your computer. Four years in the making – it’s quite a feat.
To attend you must register first. No Zoom account is required to attend, just the link you’ll receive via email after registration.
- If you’ve never been on a Zoom Cloud meeting read this FAQ for joining online events.
- Headphones 🎧 are highly recommended for all platforms.
- All times in this invite are Mountain Daylight Time (MDT) which is -6GMT.
- 6:50 PM Get the App Join the Waiting Room. For new Zoom Cloud users click the link early and get the app downloaded so you can start on time.
- 7:00 Open Meeting
- 7:05 Announcements
- 7:15 Presentation
- 7:45 Breakout Room Intros
- 8:00 Short Performance
- 8:05 Open Discussion
About Mark Mosher
I am a Louisville-based synthesist and multimedia artist. I’m the founder and organizer of the Rocky Mountain Synthesizer Meetup. Since 2005 I’ve been blogging on music tech and synth technique over hat Modulate This! My discography with 12 releases spans back 10 years.
I perform solo, with the Carbon Dioxide Ensemble, and I am the Creative Director of Synth Patrol which is an improvisational multimedia performance troupe.
I’m also known for my interactive visuals and multimedia performances based on live camera input and visual synthesis.
Get The Latest News
Stay up to date on official Rocky Mountain Synth News, events, and notes from past events subscribing here https://rockymountainsynth.com/join/
If you are in a position to donate to help support the meetup visit this page to make a secure donation https://rockymountainsynth.com/donate/.
Notes from This or a Previous Event
I’m starting to add comments to the bottom of these even with post event notes.
2 responses to “#86 Intro to Elektron Overbridge 2.0 with Mark Mosher Wednesday April 29th, 7PM MDT”
Here are notes from this event:
– Official site and download https://www.elektron.se/overbridge/
– Manual, release notes, downloads https://www.elektron.se/support/?connection=overbridge
– Superbooth 20HE: Elektron Overbridge 2.0 With Cenk https://youtu.be/lY8FRfTgGKA
– Analog Four mkI/mkII running OS 1.40A
– Analog Keys running OS 1.40A
– Analog Rytm mkI/mkII running OS 1.50A
– Analog Heat mkI/mkII running OS 1.20
– Digitakt running OS 1.11
– Digitone and Digitone Keys running OS 1.21
– Analog Rytm MKI / MKII
These Machines Don’t Support Overbridge: Octatrack MKI / MKII, Model: Samples, Model:Cycles
– Turns supported machines into audio interfaces
– Stand Alone App: Edit, Manage, Record
– Plugins & DAW Integration: Edit, Automate, Sync, Stream, Effects Processing, Total Recall
[…] Notes from #86 Intro to Elektron Overbridge 2.0 with Mark Mosher […]