Here is some meetup news plus info on how to RSVP to our next event.
Returning to Meetup.com
I’ve been researching ways to:
- Streamline the event registration process for online meetings.
- Make it easier for to remember the upcoming events with automated reminders.
- Make it easier to you to find the online meeting link just prior to joining the event.
- Make basic event details more discoverable so new people can find us
- Streamline behind-the-scenes creation and management of events.
- Enhance the meeting registration to handle online, hybrid and eventual face-to-face events where we might need to limit RSVPs and have wait lists.
- Make event communication more targeted and private.
After some research and testing (thanks Eddie, Victoria, Brian, and Christph, Mike B, and Jennifer) I’ve decided to return to meetup.com as our RSVP and event info platform starting with our next event which is on Nov 24th.
This is a complete reboot on the platform for us so we’re starting fresh with the same URL https://www.meetup.com/RockyMountainSynth.
As we are starting fresh, I decided to take the one-way trip to being a “private” group. This will allow events to be discoverable so new synth people can find us, but we can keep info like meeting links private to the group. This also means better privacy as member’s names and profiles are hidden to those not in the group.
Step 1 – Request to Join
As this is an entirely new private meetup group you have to join it. Log in with your meetup.com on a computer browser
Visit https://www.meetup.com/RockyMountainSynth and click “Request to Join”.
If you don’t have an account, I belive you will be prompted to create one during this process.
You’ll be prompted to answer a few questions which will appear in your private profile for our group. This will help people find collaborators and such. You can edit you answers later should your interests shift.
Note – I am approving people manually.
Step 2 – RSVP to Our Next Event
Once I approve, you should get an autoresponder welcoming you to the group with a link to the upcoming event. You will also see full details of the event if you visit the following link.
For this and future events, simply click “Attend online” to RSVP for an event. You’ll be prompted with the ability to add this to your calendar. The calendar invite links back to the event on meetup.com
Members of your group receive two automated notifications about an upcoming event.
- Six days before an event, meetup sends a reminder to members who have RSVPed ‘Yes.’ If you haven’t RSVP’d yet, you’ll get a reminder of the upcoming event in case for some reason you missed it.
- One day before an event, meetup sends a reminder to members who have RSVPed ‘Yes.’
Day of the Event
When it comes time to join the event, simply return to the private event page and click the link to join the meeting. Done and done.
Forum = Discord
We’ll continue to use Discord for our online forum. This is the way.
I know this sort of thing can be a pain so I want to thank you in advance for taking a moment to register into meetup.com. My hope is this will help us navigate a bit better through the ever changing landscape of events, streamline events, and help us new members find us.